“The art of writing is the art of discovering what you believe.” – Gustave Flaubert
I came across this quote today and made me think. What have I discovered that I believe through writing Dark Moon Wolf, Waxing Moon, and my WIP?
- Women’s friendships are the backbone of their lives, whatever the media may say to the contrary with their depictions of female competition.
- Physical strength isn’t the answer, isn’t the judge of a person, isn’t how power should be allocated.
- We can all handle more than we think we can. We’d be amazed to discover what we can really do when it’s necessary.
- Sometimes you have to stand up against the people you thought were on your own team, when you realize they’re wrong about something important.
- All people have value. All people. All. This, perhaps, is the guiding belief of my life.
I think I have gotten more out of writing than anyone has gotten from reading my writing. Maybe that’s how it always works?